Hopkins: The Old Tin Hut, Westward Ho! (1880)
Watercolor painting from 1880 by F.P. Hopkins, depicting The Old Tin Hut in Westward Ho!, a village founded in 1865 on the northwest coast of the English county of Devon.
The village is named after Charles Kingsley’s 1855 novel of the same name. Westward Ho! means To the West!
The stick underneath is a short long nose putter with hickory wood shaft.
Donated by Erik Verpoort, business member of Golfclub Bleijenbeek.